PDFescape Desktop, PDFescape Online
In this section we'll cover the following topics:
Adding a form field
A Radio Button is most commonly associated with multiple-choice questions. This indicates a user can choose one of the following options. Alternatively, check box would be applied when a user can choose one or more of the options available. Click here to learn more about configuring Check Boxes.
Click on Radio Button found in the Forms Module. You will see the outline for radio button appear on your document. You can position it wherever you would like. When you are ready, simply click the left mouse button to place the field.
You will notice that after you place a button the Radio Button option remains active. Any buttons you place now will be associated with the same question. Click the Radio Button option again to end this grouping. Click it again to start a new group of answers.
This will ensure a user can choose one of each group of possible answers.
Click on Edit in the top left to go into Edit Mode. Then select the Radio Button. This will make it the active document element. Then click on the wrench icon on the right side in order to open the Properties.
The first thing we recommend doing is naming each Radio Button. Buttons with the same name will be grouped together. Click next to Name to do so.
You can configure the aesthetics of the box in this menu. Click right next to any option in the Appearance Tab .
You can update the settings for your form fields in the properties section.
- Click into Edit Mode.
- Select your form field.
- Choose the Properties icon
In the General section you will find the form field name. Form fields with the same name are grouped together as part of the same question.
- Click next to Name.
- Type the new name into the box.
- Hit the Enter key to confirm your choice.
In the Appearance section is where you’ll find most options. You can customize the look and feel of your form field.
The following appearance properties are shared by each type of form field.
You can change the width of the border of your form field.
- Click the number next to Width.
- Increase the number to make it thicker, you can hide it entirely by setting it to 0.
- Hit the Enter key or click anywhere in your document to finalize.
The border width should increase immediately.
You can update the style, or pattern of the border of the form field. By default, it is a solid line.
- Click the option next to Style.
- Choose a new one from the list.
You can update the color of the border of your form field.
- Click the box next to Color.
- Click on the color you want to use.
- Click here for more information about custom colors.
The Highlight option will change the visible animation when a user selects your form field.
- Click the dropdown next to Highlight.
- Choose from the list.
Under Rotate you can change the orientation of your field.
- Click next to Rotate and choose the angle of orientation you’d like to use.
You can set a tooltip for form field. When a user hovers their mouse over the field you will see your tip appear.
- Click next to Tooltip.
- Type your tip into the box.
- Press the Enter key to confirm.
While in View Mode you can verify the tool-tip.
- Hover your mouse over the form field.
You can set a unique background color for your field.
- Click the box next to Color.
- Choose your new color.
You can set the icon that will appear when someone selects that form field in the Caption section.
- Click the dropdown next to Caption.
- Choose one from the list.
Other field properties
Finally, any text based form fields will provide you with Font options.
- Size will let you change the font size.
- Font Color will change the color of the font.
You can save any of these aesthetic changes for future fields of the same type.
- Click SET AS DEFAULT to use these settings moving forward.
You can reset the default at any time.
- Select any field.
- Open the properties.
- Click RESET DEFAUT.
In the Values tab you have a few options available in each type of form field that collects data.
- Click on the Values tab.
- Toggle the switch to enable each option.
- Read Only – the form field can be viewed, but the content cannot be changed.
- No Export – The form field can be filled out by a user, but the data cannot be extracted from this field.
- Required – To submit the form data, this field must be filled out by the user.
Deleting a form field:
It is really easy to delete a field. Simply make sure you are in Edit Mode and then right-click on the form field you would like to delete and choose Remove.
The Push Button is named Submit Button in PDFescape Online.
Click the Insert Tab in the top left corner. You will see the Form Field option.
The Form Field Creation Tool box will appear letting you select the form field type.
Choose Radio from the dropdown and click on Select.
Move your mouse cursor anywhere on your document and left click to place the box. The Radio Button will remain active until you click it again. This lets you place multiple fields at once.
You can resize the radio box. Move the mouse icon to any black square at the corners of the box. Hold the left mouse button and move to resize.
Release the mouse button when the radio box is the size you want.
Changing Radio Button Properties
You can update the settings for your radio button.
- Select Object Properties.
- Click on the box next to Name.
- Type a new name into the box.
- Click OK to save changes.
To prevent anyone makes changes to the radio button.
- Check the box next to Read-only.
You can set the icon that will appear when someone selects that form field.
- Click the dropdown next to Check Type.
- Choose one from the list.
You can rotate the icon in the radio box.
- Click on the box next to Rotate.
- Choose the angle of orientation you’d like to use.
Deleting a form field
To delete the checkbox, select it. Click on the Recycle bin icon or press the Delete key on your keyboard.