Are you using PDFescape Desktop or PDFescape Online?
You can open the Print menu by holding down the CTRL key and also pressing down on the Letter P.
You can also access the print options in the File Menu.
Select Print from the options on the left.
This will open the print options. You will see a preview of your file on the right side. You can click on the Print button to print your file at any time.
There are a number of ways you can customize your print job. The following are the various options available.
You can print multiple Copies of your file at once.
- Use the + or – options to change the number.
- You can also enter the number directly. This will determine how many times your file will be printed.
The Orientation will determine whether your page prints in portrait or landscape. Clicking on either will update your print preview accordingly.
You can choose whether or not to Collate your print job.
The term collate is a way of grouping pages as you print multiple copies of a file. When it is collated, your document will print in full before starting the second copy. When it is not collated, all copies of the first page will print, followed by the second page, etc.
For the example below, imagine printing four copies of a 3-page document.
Collated Print Order:
Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 1, Page 2, Page 3
Non-Collated Print Order:
Page 1, Page 1, Page 1, Page 1, Page 2, Page 2, Page 2, Page 2, Page 3, Page 3, Page 3, Page 3
The left option under Collate should be selected if you want to collate your print order, otherwise, choose the right option.
You can decide whether or not to print in black and white or color. Select the option under Color, which best applies.
In the Printer dropdown menu, you can decide which one to use. Keep in mind that the PDFescape printer is a virtual printer. Using it will create a new PDF instead of printing a physical copy of the file.
You can also set the Paper Size by selecting one from the dropdown list.
You can also use the actual page size of the document. This is advantageous when you have a custom size. Scroll down to the end of the print options and check the box next to Use Actual PDF Dimensions for Paper Size.
You can decide the Paper Source for your printer, by selecting the one you would like to use from this dropdown.
Annotations on your document are embedded on top of the content of your document. Using the Print Options you can choose whether or not to print them.
By default, PDFescape Desktop will make sure that the content of each page is formatted to print correctly. You can choose to disable any of the options below by clicking on the button. You will see the effect in the print preview section
In the Print Range section, you can decide how, which pages, should be printed. You can choose between the following options:
- All – The entire document will be printed.
- Current – Only the page visible in the print previewer will be printed.
- Custom – You decide the pages that will be printed. You can segment the pages:
- Using a dash (-) tells PDFescape Desktop to print all the pages between the specific page numbers. To print all pages between 2 and 5 you would type in “2-5”.
- Using a comma (,) you can add multiple groups of pages. To print all pages from 2 to 5, page 8 and then 10 and 11, type in “2-5, 8, 10-11”.
- Odd – Each odd-numbered page in the file will be printed.
- Even – Each even-numbered page in the file will be printed.
- Reverse – The pages in the file will be printed starting with the last page and ending with the first.
Most print jobs will require you to print the file as is. PDFescape Desktop provides the ability to print in a few different modes to make sure complex tasks can be accomplished. Select the option that best suits your need.
The Single mode is the standard. This will print each page as it appears in order, respecting your customization.
The Poster option is used to print content that wouldn’t fit on a single page. It divides over multiple pages that can be combined to re-create your content in a larger format. There are a couple of configuration options:
- The Tile Scale determines how many pages will be used to print the content. As you increase the number, you will see more boxes appear on the grid, each box representing a page that will be printed.
- The Overlap allows some of the content to overlap across pages, to facilitate combining the physical pages later.
The Multiple mode allows you to add more than one page of your PDF file to a single printed page. There are a few configuration options:
- Pages per sheet allow you to decide how many of your PDF document pages should be added to the sheet. Pick from the options in the dropdown, choosing Custom will let you enter your own dimensions.
- Page Order lets you decide if they should be displayed horizontally or vertically on the page.
- The checkbox next to Print Page Border will make the PDF page borders visible when you print it.
Each modification will update in the print preview section.
The Booklet allows you to print on each side of the piece of paper. You can customize your booklet with the following settings:
- Booklet Subset allows you to pick which side of the page needs to be printed.
- Sheets lets you determine the length of your booklet.
- Binding reverses the order of the pages in your booklet, from left to right and vice-versa.
To print a file in PDFescape Online
- Open the Print menu by holding down the CTRL key and also pressing the Letter P.
- Click on the printer icon.
This will open the Print Document box.
You can set the print range From Page X... To Page Y...
Click on the Print button to print your file.